Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cupcake Brownies

So I wanted brownies, but yet I wanted something cute like cupcakes. So voila, an idea popped into my head. It's nothing original. I googled and found a million recipes but didn't really have time to make them from scratch yesterday (I know, shame on me). After a lot of finger crossing I actually got it right-and on the first try!

What I did was get the yummiest looking box of brownies the store had to offer... hey what can I say, I'm a sucker for packaging and it showed Hershey's syrup on the box... as well as a claim that the brownies are bigger! So Betty Crocker was the winner.
I split it up between 12 cupcake liners and baked it at 300 degrees for 45 minutes, until a toothpick came out crummy but not runny.
As for the frosting, I saw a picture of really pretty brownies and knew I could recreate it... so I grabbed some chocolate buttercream, stuck it in my Pampered Chef accent decorator tool, it was done. I was going to put mini M&M's on them-I did it with two but didn't like how they looked.
Maya was my little taste tester before the frosting. I honestly don't know what she thought of it, she gave me some funny looks (though she's never had a brownie before) but she ate the whole thing!
Sugar daze... then we put her to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment