Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spinach Alfredo Pizza


A few weeks ago on move-in day we ordered pizza from Papa John's... I ordered the Spinach Alfredo pizza and it was amaaaazing (and actually is the recommended pizza for Papa John's in the "Eat This, Not That!" book!) We prefer making our own pizza since it's cheaper and healthier, and because I love my beloved baking stone... and I've been dying to have it again so I found a recipe to try and man it's a WINNER.

Note: this recipe makes 2 pizzas. We made one tonight, and we're making the other tomorrow since I got two pizza crusts, but next time we'll freeze the spinach/alfredo/artichokes together and save them for the next time.

1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (10 ounce) container Alfredo Sauce
1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (we omitted)
1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 unbaked pizza crusts (favorite of the moment: Marketplace thin-crust pizza dough from Walmart, already baked and in the bakery section)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives (optional, we also omitted)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread pizza crusts out onto baking sheets or pizza pans.
Place the spinach and Alfredo sauce in a saucepan, and warm over medium heat. Stir occasionally. Spread 1tablespoon of olive oil onto each pizza crust. Spoon half of the Alfredo and spinach onto each crust, then arrange artichoke hearts over the sauce layer. Top each pizza with half of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle mushrooms and black olives on top. Bake pizzas one at a time for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bottom is nicely browned.

2 comments:

  1. this looks amazing! I wish I could cook some of your recipes but they are way not on my beginner level. I don't even know what an artichoke heart is! Haha

    ReplyDelete