Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bacon Squash Saute

This is NOT on the healthy list. I made this because we had the stuff for it and ironically nothing else to make (I searched for things to make with zucchini and bacon and found this). It was tasty-but I wouldn't make it all the time, just because it's not the best for you I'm sure!

  • 6 bacon strips, diced
  • 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices (I used the 4 zucchini I had on hand-no yellow)
  • 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (I omitted)
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon.

I took it a bit further and sprinkled cheese on top and popped it back in the oven until it melted. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment