Friday, June 4, 2010

Easy Cheesecake

This recipe is from honestly one of the sweetest women I've ever met in my life, Vicki (not sure if you read this, but if you do, hi Vicki!). She took over my job at camp, and one time when we were working together she made this. SO good... and I can't do real cheesecake so you know this is a winner.

2-8oz boxes softened lowfat cream cheese
2 cans crescent rolls
1 cup sugar + 1/4 cup (divided)
1 stick melted butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp cinnamon

Cream sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese together until completely mixed. Spray 9x13'' pan. Place 1 can rolls on the bottom, pinching the seams together. Spread cream cheese mixture over top. Carefully place 2nd can of rolls on top, pinching the seams together (see picture below to see how I did it this past time-wish I would have thought of it sooner!). Pour melted stick of butter over all, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake uncovered for approx. 25 minutes at 350. Serve warm or cooled (I cool it and put it in the refrigerator until I'm ready! The next day it tastes DELICIOUS too so you can always make it the night before).

***
So this is what I did this past time:
Put a piece of waxed paper down and stuck the second can of crescent rolls on... pinched the seams together and then rolled it a little bit. Then I just carefully placed it like this and took the waxed paper off... voila! Perfect. It is really a little tricky to have to pinch the seams while it's in the pan on top of the cream cheese mixture... so if you can just do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment