Thursday, June 3, 2010

Red Chicken

This is a recipe from my Grandma that's kind of evolved over the years, and it never had a name until my sister started calling it Red Chicken. So it stuck, and it's a staple around here for a quick and yummy meal.

1/4C Frank's hot sauce
1 stick margarine
1-2lbs chicken

Melt Frank's and margarine together.

Old way/chicken wing method: Marinate in the mixture and then cook on the grill, or bake in the oven for 25 minutes.

New way/chicken breast method: Spray glass dish with nonstick spray, put the chicken in (you can either cut into strips or chunks-that's what we usually do-or put in the whole breast) and pour the mixture over the top and bake for 25 minutes.

And I'll tell you-the mixture, when it's all finished and everything is cooked, is SO GOOD drizzled on top of mashed potatoes!

1 comment:

  1. I LOOVE this chicken! I make it all the time. I started to add half olive oil and half butter. It makes for a different taste, but it's still delicious and a lot healthier. Then I add mozzarella to the top about 5 minutes before it's done. It kind of neutralizes the spicy for those who don't like it too hot.

    ReplyDelete