Friday, February 19, 2010

Stuffed Zucchini Boats & Seasoned Grilled Chicken

Ok this right here... absolutely delicious. I've had the recipe for a couple of years now, but never tried it... and for the sake of trying new things lately we thought we'd give it a try since all three of us LOVE zucchini.

First of all, the chicken-super easy. I cut the chicken breasts in half, seasoned both sides with McCormick's Cinnamon Chipotle Rub, and cooked it on the stovetop with a little olive oil. When it was done we microwaved some cheese on top till it melted. We love cheese.
And then for the Zucchini Boats:

4 medium zucchini (I used 3 and it still made a ton)
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1/4C cottage cheese
salt and pepper
1/4C grated Parmesan cheese (the real stuff)
2 tbsp seasoned bread crumbs

Scrub Zucchini. cook in large saucepan with boiling water to cover for almost 15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and cool. Preheat oven to 350F. Slice off top of zucchini 1/3 lengthwise and discard tops. Scoop out pulp to form boats. Place pulp in strainer; drain and press dry (I soaked up the excess water with a few paper towels because we don't have a strainer... oh wait we do, I just forgot about it!). Combine pulp with sour cream, butter, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper in bowl, mix well (I threw in some additional parmesan cheese as well because I love cheese). Spoon into zucchini boats. Place in greased baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bread crumbs. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and filling is golden brown. (Note: you can pre-cook the zucchini and refrigerate for 8 hours or until ready to use. Also, substitute shredded Cheddar cheese for the Parmesan for a "cheesier taste and a colorful presentation".)

One thing about this is you have to eat the zucchini all together. As in-you can't just scoop out the innards and just eat them. I tried one bite like that, Patrick looked at me like I was nuts, and I cut the next piece with the shell and it was soooo good. Give this one a try for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment