Saturday, February 6, 2010

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

My dear sister in law, Kristin, mentioned something about a pot roast the other night... and my mouth was watering constantly after that. Growing up I ate it pretty often I think, but I've never actually made one myself. So now that I'm in a crock pot kick I decided to do a little searchy search and found a high rated recipe. It was SO delicious!

Now. As for the directions-this is where it got interesting. I got the recipe here, and I didn't notice until I got home and had everything I needed for it that this recipe makes 12 servings-and so basically I bought double of everything, no big deal. (There's no way the original recipe would have even fit in my crock pot and I have a big one!)

So-this is the recipe scaled down to 6 servings (but was a perfect amount for the three of us with a teeny bit of leftovers).

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons water
2-3/4 pounds pot roast

In a bowl, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment