Monday, May 17, 2010

Grilled Jalapeno Poppers

Got the recipe here! They were WAY easier than I thought but made sooo much. They lasted a couple of meals! I served them with a little cream cheese to cool it down a bit.

12 large jalapeno peppers
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
6 thick slices bacon (the ones I only used 1/2 slice bacon on were better... otherwise it was too much, personally, but Patrick liked the full slice of bacon ones)

Slice peppers from stem to tip on 1 side. Carefully squeeze ends of pepper (like a change purse) and scoop out seeds and veins with a small spoon. Stuff each pepper with shredded cheese. Cut bacon slices in half. Wrap each pepper with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.

Preheat grill. Grill peppers 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until bacon is cooked, but not crisp.

Remove from grill and serve while hot.

1 comment:

  1. I made something just like this off of the pioneer woman website... It was ammaaazzinng :) I think I should try the cheese idea.

    ReplyDelete